PAMAS FastPatch 2 GO
Image analysing system for membrane analysis as per ISO 4407
Online particle counter with constant flow rate
Portable particle counter with up to 32 size channels
PAMAS S4031 GO
Portable particle counter with up to 32 size channels for use in harsh environment
PAMAS S4031 GO WG
Portable particle counter for water‑based hydraulic fluids (Water‑Glycol) for use in harsh environment
PAMAS S4031 WG
Portable particle counter for water‑based hydraulic fluids (Water‑Glycol)
PAMAS SBSS WG
Versatile particle analysing system for laboratory measurement of water based hydraulic fluids (Water-Glycol)
Versatile particle analysing system for low viscous fluids
Online particle counter for drinking water, process water and waste water
Versatile Applications of Particle Counters in the Oil and Gas Industry
Requirements and Applications
The oil and gas industry imposes special demands on measurement technology. Here, particle counters for liquids are used in a wide variety of ways:
- Purity of components: Particle counters are indispensable for ensuring the cleanliness of hydraulic components such as pumps, valves, accumulators, actuators and hoses, which are used in subsea oil and gas extraction.
- Injection fluids: The purity of water and chemicals injected into boreholes is crucial for smooth operation and preventing damage/blockage to the boreholes.
- Water-glycol fluids: Particle counters also play an important role in water-glycol-based hydraulic fluids and their storage and transport containers (totes/IBCs).
Problem Solutions through Particle Counters
Particle counters help identify a range of problems in the oil and gas industry:
- Demanding fluids: PAMAS Particle counters are capable of measuring the purity of technically demanding fluids such as water-glycols, aggressive chemicals (scale/corrosion/wax inhibitors), and saltwater.
- Avoidance of failures: Accurate measurement of particulate contamination can prevent component damage, asset failures and avoid environmental disasters.
- Compliance with cleanliness specifications: Particle counters assist in meeting the purity requirements for subsea components and fluids stipulated by the API, end customers and drilling rig operators.
What would you like to know?
Frequently asked questions about PAMAS particle counters in the oil and gas industry
Do PAMAS instruments meet the major industry standards?
Yes, our devices meet common industry standards defined in the API: ISO 11171, SAE AS4059, NAS 1638, ISO 4406, and ISO 4407.
Does PAMAS offer worldwide service, including offshore on FPSO’s and drilling rigs?
Absolutely, we offer comprehensive, worldwide service. This includes offshore operations to always ensure you the best possible support. Global reach, local support.
Can PAMAS devices measure various sample liquids from the oil and gas industry?
Sure, our devices are specifically designed to analyse a variety of fluids such as saltwater, water-glycol mixtures, and aggressive chemicals and reliably determine the particle count.
What else do existing customers appreciate about our particle counters?
Why should you choose PAMAS?
Choosing the right particle counter for the specific requirements of the oil and gas industry can be a challenge. At PAMAS, we offer a number of compelling reasons why we are the right partner for you:
- Worldwide after-sales support: At PAMAS, our commitment does not end with the sale. We offer worldwide after-sales support, ensuring that our customers receive the support they need at anytime and anywhere in the world.
- Extremely robust and durable devices: We understand that devices in the oil and gas industry are exposed to extreme conditions. Therefore, our particle counters are constructed to be particularly robust and durable to ensure reliable and trouble-free operation in this challenging industry.
- Solutions for aggressive fluids: In the oil and gas industry, aggressive fluids such as saltwater and various chemicals are often used. Our devices are designed to reliably measure these fluids and deliver accurate results.
- Full compliance with major standards: At PAMAS, we ensure that all our devices are fully compliant with the major industry standards. These include API, ISO 11171, and other relevant standards. With PAMAS, you can be sure that you are meeting the stringent quality and performance requirements of your industry. PAMAS particle counters are calibrated to ensure traceable, accurate, reliable and repeatable results.